Emancipation Proclamation Speakers
Signed by Abraham Lincoln on January 1, 1863, the Emancipation Proclamation was an early step to free slaves in the United States. 150 years later, the speakers below will share with you the ramifications of that document and where we must go to ensure equality for all now and forever.
Real life inspiration behind ABC's hit show Scandal
Judy A. Smith Judy is the Founder and President of Smith & Co, a leading strategic and crisis communications firm with offices in Washington D.C. and Los Angeles. Over the last 25 years, Ms. Smith has brought her unique combination of communication skills, media savvy, legal and political acumen to clients facing a wide array of issues and challenges throughout the United States and abroad. Ms. Smith honed her skills through he...
The People's Scholar who specializes in finance, education, and black social commentary.
- Academic, Association, At Risk Youth, Author, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Civil Rights, College Orientation, Commencement, Constitution Day, Diversity, Education, Emancipation Proclamation , Finance, Homecoming, Martin Luther King Day, Personal Finance, STEM, Young Black Men
- $10,000 - $20,000
Dr. Boyce Watkins Dr. Boyce is one of the most highly sought after African-American scholars in the world. Specializing in financial psychology, educational motivation, and black social commentary, Dr. Watkins has presented his message to millions, making regular appearances on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, ABC News, BET, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Black Enterprise Magazine and many more national media outlets. Brilliant, arti...
Award-winning Actor, Best-selling Author, and Philanthropist.
- 100 Black Men, Acting, Alpha Phi Alpha, Arts, Association, Author, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Campus Activity, College Orientation, Commencement, Constitution Day, Emancipation Proclamation , Film, NPHC Fraternities/Sororities, High Achieving Youth, Homecoming, Law School, Relationship
Hill Harper Hill is an award winning actor, bestselling author and philanthropist. Hill is the author of three New York Times bestsellers: Letters to a Young Brother, Letters to a Young Sister, and The Conversation. Letters to a Young Brother was named “Best Book for Young Adults” by the American Library Association in 2007.Hill currently stars on the hit television drama CSI:NY as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. CSI is the most successfu...
John Marshall, son of Thurgood Marshall, our nation’s first African-American U.S. Supreme Court Justice, specializes in motivational speeches dealing with his father’s role in our nation’s civil rights movement and his place in American History.
John W. Marshall John is the younger of two sons of Thurgood Marshall, the lead attorney in Brown v Board of Education, and our nation’s first African-American Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. John specializes in motivational speeches dealing with his father’s role in our nation’s civil rights movement and his place in American history. He has also been the featured speaker for numerous law enforcement and f...
Political Commentator and Chair of the Voting Rights Institute
Donna Brazile Veteran Democratic political strategist Donna Brazile is an adjunct professor, author, syndicated columnist, television political commentator, Vice Chair of Voter Registration and Participation at the Democratic National Committee, and former interim National Chair of the Democratic National Committee as well as the former chair of the DNC’s Voting Rights Institute.Aside from working for the full recovery of her be...
Emmy Award-winning Newsmaker, Producer, Writer, Broadcaster, and Host of BET Tonight.
- 100 Black Men, Association, At Risk Youth, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Celebrity, Commencement, Emancipation Proclamation , Homecoming, Media, Martin Luther King Day, Multicultural Affairs, NAACP, National Bar Association, National Urban League, Race Relations , Young Black Men
- $10,000 - $20,000
- District Of Columbia
Ed Gordon Hard hitting, inspiring, intelligent, honest, and direct: these are some of the words used to describe the style and approach of Emmy-award winning broadcaster, Ed Gordon. Known for his stellar interaction with newsmakers from the worlds of politics, entertainment, and sports, his name is synonymous with the “big” interview. Gordon’s knack for landing exclusives and his no-nonsense style make him one of the t...
Academician and hip-hop expert.
Dr. Marc Lamont Hill Dr. Marc is one of the leading hip-hop generation intellectuals in the country. His work, which covers topics such as hip-hop culture, politics, sexuality, education and religion, has appeared in numerous journals, magazines, books, and anthologies. Dr. Hill has lectured widely and provides regular commentary for media outlets like NPR, Washington Post, Essence Magazine, and New York Times and has been a reg...
- Association, At Risk Youth, Attitude, Black History Month, Celebrity, College Orientation, Commencement, Constitution Day, Domestic Violence, Emancipation Proclamation , Family, Homecoming, Law School, Martin Luther King Day, Women in Law, Women in Media, Women in Society, Womens Empowerment, Youth Motivational
- $10,000 - $20,000
Judge Karen Mills-Francis Since the fall of 2008, Judge Karen has graced the airwaves as one of TVs most recognizable court show judges. She has a colorful and engaging style that is as distinctive as her velvet robe, vintage brooches , and her bright blonde hair. As quick to aid the helpless as she is to dismiss the fool hardy, Judge Karen confidently dishes out justice to a national television audience in her show, “Supreme Ju...
Direct Descendant of Frederick Douglass and Booker T. Washington
Kenneth B. Morris, Jr. Keynote Speaker • Founder & President, Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives “Today I held history in my hands! Your legacy and passion for creating change is an inspiration.” Mr. Morris descends from two of the most important names in American history: he is the great-great-great grandson of Frederick Douglass and the great-great grandson of Booker T. Washington. His life until the year 2007 cou...
Award-winning author, journalist, professor, and lecturer.
Farai Chideya Farai has combined media, technology, and socio-political analysis during her 20-year career as an award-winning author, journalist, professor, and lecturer. She is currently a Distinguished Writer in Residence at New York University’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute. She was also a spring 2012 fellow at Harvard’s Institute of Politics. She frequently appears on public radio and cable television, speaking abo...
Gregory is a leading scholar, author, and lecturer on Black Greek-letter organizations (“BGLOs”) and the role of unconscious race bias in contemporary society.
- Academic, Alpha Phi Alpha, Author, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Commencement, Emancipation Proclamation , NPHC Fraternities/Sororities, Law School, Martin Luther King Day, Multicultural Affairs, NAACP, NABA, National Bar Association, National Urban League, Psychology, Young Black Men
- $5,000 - $10,000
- North Carolina
Gregory S. Parks, J.D., Ph.D. Dr. Gregory is an Assistant Professor of Law at Wake Forest University School of Law, where he has taught since the Fall of 2011. He holds an M.A., an M.S., and a Ph.D. (all in Psychology) and a J.D. Professor Parks served as a law clerk on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals to The Honorable Anna Blackburne-Rigsby and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit to The Honorable ...