Real life inspiration behind ABC's hit show Scandal
Judy A. Smith Judy is the Founder and President of Smith & Co, a leading strategic and crisis communications firm with offices in Washington D.C. and Los Angeles. Over the last 25 years, Ms. Smith has brought her unique combination of communication skills, media savvy, legal and political acumen to clients facing a wide array of issues and challenges throughout the United States and abroad. Ms. Smith honed her skills through he...
The People's Scholar who specializes in finance, education, and black social commentary.
- Academic, Association, At Risk Youth, Author, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Civil Rights, College Orientation, Commencement, Constitution Day, Diversity, Education, Emancipation Proclamation , Finance, Homecoming, Martin Luther King Day, Personal Finance, STEM, Young Black Men
- $10,000 - $20,000
Dr. Boyce Watkins Dr. Boyce is one of the most highly sought after African-American scholars in the world. Specializing in financial psychology, educational motivation, and black social commentary, Dr. Watkins has presented his message to millions, making regular appearances on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, ABC News, BET, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Black Enterprise Magazine and many more national media outlets. Brilliant, arti...
Award-winning Actor, Best-selling Author, and Philanthropist.
- 100 Black Men, Acting, Alpha Phi Alpha, Arts, Association, Author, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Campus Activity, College Orientation, Commencement, Constitution Day, Emancipation Proclamation , Film, NPHC Fraternities/Sororities, High Achieving Youth, Homecoming, Law School, Relationship
Hill Harper Hill is an award winning actor, bestselling author and philanthropist. Hill is the author of three New York Times bestsellers: Letters to a Young Brother, Letters to a Young Sister, and The Conversation. Letters to a Young Brother was named “Best Book for Young Adults” by the American Library Association in 2007.Hill currently stars on the hit television drama CSI:NY as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. CSI is the most successfu...
Emmy Award Winning Actress
Lynn Whitfield Growing up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Lynn Whitfield first watched the likes of Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and Bette Davis in “All About Eve” from her grandmother’s lap. She loved classic movies and with child-like confidence, she could see no reason she could not become an actress and some day play those same types of roles. Over the course of nearly three decades, the talent of the little girl wh...
Political Commentator and Chair of the Voting Rights Institute
Donna Brazile Veteran Democratic political strategist Donna Brazile is an adjunct professor, author, syndicated columnist, television political commentator, Vice Chair of Voter Registration and Participation at the Democratic National Committee, and former interim National Chair of the Democratic National Committee as well as the former chair of the DNC’s Voting Rights Institute.Aside from working for the full recovery of her be...
Emmy Award-winning Newsmaker, Producer, Writer, Broadcaster, and Host of BET Tonight.
- 100 Black Men, Association, At Risk Youth, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Celebrity, Commencement, Emancipation Proclamation , Homecoming, Media, Martin Luther King Day, Multicultural Affairs, NAACP, National Bar Association, National Urban League, Race Relations , Young Black Men
- $10,000 - $20,000
- District Of Columbia
Ed Gordon Hard hitting, inspiring, intelligent, honest, and direct: these are some of the words used to describe the style and approach of Emmy-award winning broadcaster, Ed Gordon. Known for his stellar interaction with newsmakers from the worlds of politics, entertainment, and sports, his name is synonymous with the “big” interview. Gordon’s knack for landing exclusives and his no-nonsense style make him one of the t...
Academician and hip-hop expert.
Dr. Marc Lamont Hill Dr. Marc is one of the leading hip-hop generation intellectuals in the country. His work, which covers topics such as hip-hop culture, politics, sexuality, education and religion, has appeared in numerous journals, magazines, books, and anthologies. Dr. Hill has lectured widely and provides regular commentary for media outlets like NPR, Washington Post, Essence Magazine, and New York Times and has been a reg...
Author • International Speaker • Media Commentator • Race & Gender Empowerment Expert
- Alpha Kappa Alpha, Association, Black History Month, Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Commencement, Diversity, Martin Luther King Day, National Urban League, Professional Development, Race Relations , Women in Business, Women in Media, Women in Society
- $5,000 - $10,000
- District Of Columbia
Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever Dr. Avis is the President of the Incite Unlimited, a Washington, DC-based boutique consulting firm and the Founder of the Exceptional Leadership Institute for Women, a global personal and professional development firm that specializes in helping women of color successfully navigate the challenges of race and gender at work in order to push through to next level career success.Her expertise and perspecti...
Beauty Queen Turned Corporate Attorney
Marshawn Evans As one of the nation’s leading experts on the art of maximizing potential, Reinvention Strategist™, Entrepreneur and Entertainment Attorney, MARSHAWN EVANS is Founder of ME Unlimited®, a consulting firm focusing on reinvention, diversity, women’s empowerment, leadership and peak performance strategies. She is founder of ME University® - The Ultimate Business & Branding Bootcamp, the industry’s premiere summit for ...
Roland S. Martin Roland is a nationally award-winning and multifaceted journalist. A nationally syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate and the author of Listening to the Spirit Within: 50 Perspectives on Faith, and Speak, Brother! A Black Man’s View of America. He also serves as executive editor of the Chicago Defender, the nation’s largest Black daily newspaper. Mr. Martin is a commentator for TV One Cable Netwo...
Political Strategist and Author of Black Women Redefined
Sophia A. Nelson Sophia is "redefining" the rules for 21st Century living and success. The award-winning author, journalist, political commentator and former House of Representatives committee counsel is working to change the game for a new generation of Americans in academia, the workplace, interpersonal relationships, and overall persona development. Prior to becoming a freelance journalist and former White House correspon...
- Association, At Risk Youth, Attitude, Black History Month, Celebrity, College Orientation, Commencement, Constitution Day, Domestic Violence, Emancipation Proclamation , Family, Homecoming, Law School, Martin Luther King Day, Women in Law, Women in Media, Women in Society, Womens Empowerment, Youth Motivational
- $10,000 - $20,000
Judge Karen Mills-Francis Since the fall of 2008, Judge Karen has graced the airwaves as one of TVs most recognizable court show judges. She has a colorful and engaging style that is as distinctive as her velvet robe, vintage brooches , and her bright blonde hair. As quick to aid the helpless as she is to dismiss the fool hardy, Judge Karen confidently dishes out justice to a national television audience in her show, “Supreme Ju...
Academician, Author, and Media Personality Committed to Raising Awareness of Issues Facing the Black Community
- Academic, Association, Author, Black History Month, Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Business School, Civil Rights, College Leadership, College Success, Commencement, Economic Development, Education, Martin Luther King Day, Multicultural Affairs, Race Relations , Women in Society, Womens Empowerment, Young Black Women
- $10,000 - $20,000
- North Carolina
Dr. Julianne Malveaux Recognized for her provocative, progressive and insightful observations, Dr. Julianne Malveaux, an economist, author and commentator, is the President and CEO of Last Word Productions, Inc, a multimedia production company. Described by Dr. Cornel West as “the most iconoclastic public intellectual in the country”, Dr. Malveaux’s contributions to the public dialogue on issues such as race, culture, gender, and their ec...
CEO of The Langford Company, a business that provides brand activation to the multicultural audience
Debra Langford Debra is the CEO of The Langford Company, a business that provides brand activation to the multicultural audience, Diversity & Inclusion strategies and the development of top tier diverse candidate pipelines through exclusive events. A media and entertainment industry veteran, Langford was most recently the Vice President, Inclusion and Business Diversity, NBCUniversal, joining in 2009, and was responsible for c...
From No House to the White House: One of the People Behind President Obama's Re-election.
Michael Blake Michael humbly refers to the words of his mother who said that they went “From No House to The White House”.Michael is the National Deputy Director of Operation Vote, which oversees the constituency outreach programs for the Obama For America campaign.Operation Vote oversees all efforts to constituencies including but not limited to: African-Americans, Youth, Women, Hispanic, Faith, Veterans, Jewish, LGBT & Asian Am...