Searched for >> Topic : Black Social Commentary
The People's Scholar who specializes in finance, education, and black social commentary.
- Academic, Association, At Risk Youth, Author, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Civil Rights, College Orientation, Commencement, Constitution Day, Diversity, Education, Emancipation Proclamation , Finance, Homecoming, Martin Luther King Day, Personal Finance, STEM, Young Black Men
- Call For Quote
Dr. Boyce Watkins Dr. Boyce is one of the most highly sought after African-American scholars in the world. Specializing in financial psychology, educational motivation, and black social commentary, Dr. Watkins has presented his message to millions, making regular appearances on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, ABC News, BET, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Black Enterprise Magazine and many more national media outlets. Brilliant, articulate, an...
Award-winning Actor, Best-selling Author, and Philanthropist.
- 100 Black Men, Acting, Alpha Phi Alpha, Arts, Association, Author, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Campus Activity, College Orientation, Commencement, Constitution Day, Emancipation Proclamation , Film, NPHC Fraternities/Sororities, High Achieving Youth, Homecoming, Law School, Relationship
- Call For Quote
Hill Harper Hill is an award winning actor, bestselling author and philanthropist. Hill is the author of three New York Times bestsellers: Letters to a Young Brother, Letters to a Young Sister, and The Conversation. Letters to a Young Brother was named “Best Book for Young Adults” by the American Library Association in 2007.Hill currently stars on the hit television drama CSI:NY as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. CSI is the most successful televisi...
Emmy Award-winning Newsmaker, Producer, Writer, Broadcaster, and Host of BET Tonight.
- 100 Black Men, Association, At Risk Youth, Black History Month, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Celebrity, Commencement, Emancipation Proclamation , Homecoming, Media, Martin Luther King Day, Multicultural Affairs, NAACP, National Bar Association, National Urban League, Race Relations , Young Black Men
- Call For Quote
- District Of Columbia
Ed Gordon Hard hitting, inspiring, intelligent, honest, and direct: these are some of the words used to describe the style and approach of Emmy-award winning broadcaster, Ed Gordon. Known for his stellar interaction with newsmakers from the worlds of politics, entertainment, and sports, his name is synonymous with the “big” interview. Gordon’s knack for landing exclusives and his no-nonsense style make him one of the television’...
Award-winning Journalist and National Television Personality
T.J. Holmes Holmes inked a multi-platform talent agreement with BET Networks that includes “Don’t Sleep” (a new, original late-night program) as well as other content.Prior to joining BET Networks, Holmes was a familiar face to television viewers as a news anchor and correspondent at CNN for more than 5 years. Holmes reported from the scene of numerous breaking news events, including Joplin, MO, which was devastated by multiple tornadoes ...
Sits on the Board of Directors of the Voter Participation Center, The Women’s Voices Women’s Vote Action Fund, and the National Network to End Domestic Violence.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha, Association, Black History Month, Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Commencement, Diversity, Martin Luther King Day, National Urban League, Professional Development, Race Relations , Women in Business, Women in Media, Women in Society
- $5,000 - $10,000
- District Of Columbia
Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever Named to theGrio 100, recognized by the Women's Media Center as one of 30 women making history, and acknowledged by BET as one of the most influential women in Washington, DC, Dr. Jones-DeWeever is a key voice on the needs and condition of women and the African American community. Her policy perspectives have been shared widely in various national and international outlets including CNN, C-SPAN, PBS, TV-ONE, BET,...
Roland S. Martin Roland is a nationally award-winning and multifaceted journalist. A nationally syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate and the author of Listening to the Spirit Within: 50 Perspectives on Faith, and Speak, Brother! A Black Man’s View of America. He also serves as executive editor of the Chicago Defender, the nation’s largest Black daily newspaper. Mr. Martin is a commentator for TV One Cable Network also h...
World-renowned poet and thought leader on black social commentary
Nikki Giovanni Nikki is a world-renowned poet, writer, commentator, activist, and educator. Over the past thirty years, her outspokenness, in her writing and in lectures, has brought the eyes of the world upon her. One of the most widely-read American poets, she prides herself on being “a Black American, a daughter, a mother, a professor of English.”Giovanni remains as determined and committed as ever to the fight for civil rights and equ...
Academician, Author, and Media Personality Committed to Raising Awareness of Issues Facing the Black Community
- Academic, Association, Author, Black History Month, Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Business School, Civil Rights, College Leadership, College Success, Commencement, Economic Development, Education, Martin Luther King Day, Multicultural Affairs, Race Relations , Women in Society, Womens Empowerment, Young Black Women
- $10,000 - $20,000
- North Carolina
Dr. Julianne Malveaux Recognized for her provocative, progressive and insightful observations, Dr. Julianne Malveaux, an economist, author and commentator, is the President and CEO of Last Word Productions, Inc, a multimedia production company. Described by Dr. Cornel West as “the most iconoclastic public intellectual in the country”, Dr. Malveaux’s contributions to the public dialogue on issues such as race, culture, gender, and their ec...
Gregory is a leading scholar, author, and lecturer on Black Greek-letter organizations (“BGLOs”) and the role of unconscious race bias in contemporary society.
- Academic, Alpha Phi Alpha, Author, Black Men , Black Social Commentary, Black Student Union , Commencement, Emancipation Proclamation , NPHC Fraternities/Sororities, Law School, Martin Luther King Day, Multicultural Affairs, NAACP, NABA, National Bar Association, National Urban League, Psychology, Young Black Men
- $5,000 - $10,000
- North Carolina
Gregory S. Parks, J.D., Ph.D. Dr. Gregory is an Assistant Professor of Law at Wake Forest University School of Law, where he has taught since the Fall of 2011. He holds an M.A., an M.S., and a Ph.D. (all in Psychology) and a J.D. Professor Parks served as a law clerk on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals to The Honorable Anna Blackburne-Rigsby and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit to The Honorable Andre M. D...
Award Winning Filmmaker, Author, and Community Activist
“The most prolific African American Filmmaker of this generation, that 90% of African Americans have never heard of...” JANKS MORTON is a groundbreaking international and award winning Documentarian. As founder of iYAGO ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, LLC, he states “the company came into existence to reflect both the conscious and unconscious soul of Black America". JANKS MORTON has been in the entertainment industry for more than 20 years and is...
Academician, Author and Thought Leader on Politics, Black Greek Letter Organizations and Black Male Identity
Dr. Ricky L. Jones Raised by his maternal grandmother in Atlanta, Georgia's Carver Homes housing project, Dr. Ricky not only became the first member of his immediate family to graduate high school, but by age 29 he also earned a Ph.D. Currently, he is full professor (the youngest at his University when appointed), past chair, and Director of the “Center on Race and Inequality” at the University of Louisville. He is a Morehouse College alu...
Black Academic “D.I.V.A.” Thought leader on race, gender, and diversity issues.
Dr. JeffriAnne Wilder Dr. Wilder is a sociologist and scholar specializing in race relations, gender, and diversity issues. She is currently an Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of North Florida. She holds a Ph.D. in Sociology from the University of Florida. In addition to her studies in sociology, JeffriAnne completed a Ph.D. concentration in Women's Studies and gender research.As a black woman and sociologist, Dr. Wilde...
Former Industrial Engineer Turned Curator of Music & Politics
Mike Muse Mike, a former Industrial Engineer, is the co-founder of Muse Recordings; a celebrated record label with a reputation of quality and innovation. With the labels debut album release, Marc’s Project, an instant buzz was created that surrounded the album. This allowed Muse Recordings artists to establish partnerships with the NFL (Super Bowl), NBA (summer tour), McDonalds (commercial, jingle, promotion), Starbucks (partner, acousti...
Attack your Objectives, Conquer your Goals, and Live your Dreams!
Damien Stewart Empowerment Speaker Growing up in the Bronx New York Damien Stewart faced many of the problems that most African American young males face today in the inner cities. At the age of 15, Damien was incarcerated in a youth detention center for armed robbery, aggravated assault, and gun possession. He became a product of the negative influences around him, giving 12 years of his life to numerous correctional facilities thr...