Maxine Waters and the devastation of an urban ‘Area 51
Imagine living in a demilitarized war zone, an environment where helicopters circle your neighborhood for hours every night. Imagine a place that has regular car chases, a neighborhood where football stadiums leave their lights on all night for safety. City leaders and the police tell you that—because of the crime in that part of the city—the lights must be left on. Imagine feeling powerless, with little hope for any sense of normalcy. Imagine how demoralizing and depressing your life would be, parents simply wanting to get their children “the hell out” to raise them in a normal life.
It’s not imaginary. It’s real. Welcome to District 35 in inner city Los Angeles, California—also known as Area 51.
Help me find a Speaker
"I called several companies and got promises for information on speakers. GBS was the first company who delivered without a return phone call. I was impressed by the level of professionalism and the willingness they offered to help us in selecting a speaker who could fit our corporate needs. Turnaround time for answers and documents was never more than 24 hours."
- Avoiding Common College Freshman Pitfalls
- Charleston: “The Heavenly Cloud of Nine Witnesses” Are Calling for “Action-Oriented Sympathy”
- Parenting the Way Out of Racism
- Nigeria’s New President Lays Out “The Buhari Doctrine”
- Dr. Sanders: Imperatives of Building Strong Africa Democracies and Spurring Economic Development