Award Winning Entrepreneurer & Small Business Owner, WEN Master, and Inspirational/Interactive Speaker.
"My personal and professional passion is to use my God given talents every day to serve small businesses and individuals in the workplace who struggle to find a balance between who they are, who others want them to be, and who they really want to be deep down inside. The art of being should be as easy as breathing, but often it is not. I am a WEN Master inspiring others to be a master at helping ourselves and others "Work to Eliminate Negativity" inside and outside of our professional and personal lives creating room for a more victorious and prosperous life."
Founder and chief execuitve officer of Confidential Search Solutions (CSS) a San Antonio based employment consulting firm, specializing in executive recruiting, career development training, and career coaching. Founder of Confidential Government Solutions (CGS), a nonprofit 501(C)(3) career educational and training organization for military members and Veterans in transition. CSS represents some of the most prestigious companies and accomplished professionals in Central Texas and across the country.
Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC)
Certified Temporary Staffing Specialists (CTS).
30 Graduate Hours, University of Oklahoma
BS degree in Accounting from North Carolina A&T State University
AA degree in Business from Southwestern Christian College
Community Groups & Advisory Boards:
• Alamo Workforce Development Board
• Alamo City Chamber of Commerce, Executive Board & 1st Vice President
• North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Alumni Board
• University of Texas San Antonio - Small Business Development Council (UTSA-SBDC) Board
• Citizen Advisory Panel for San Antonio Water System (SAWS)
• San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• San Antonio Human Resource Management Association
• Sisters in Business
• National Association of Personnel Services
• NPA Worldwide Recruiting Network
Awards & Recognitions
• Alamo City Chamber of Commerce, Small Business of the Year Award
• Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week Minority General Services Firm of the Year Award
• National Association of Women Business Owner's (NAWBO), Entrepreneurial Spirit Award
• North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Leadership Lab Graduate
• The Office of the Governor & Texas Workforce Commission, Small Business Award
• North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Leaders Award (New Business Category)
• Small Business Leaders Awards, North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
• North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Leadership Lab Graduate
• Yellow Rose of Texas
Married to Lt. Col. Angelo T. Haygood, a retired Air Force Officer and Elder at the Dellcrest Church of Christ. She is a mother of two sons, Austin Haygood (a Sr. Systems Engineer for Raytheon and Captain in the Arizona National Guard, with an Aerospace Engineering degree from Iowa State University) and Tyler Haygood (a performing artist and medical professional at Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital in New York, with an undergraduate degree in Music Theater from Pepperdine University).
TJ is an author and a public speaker for local and national Christian Women’s Groups, Educational Institutions, & Non-Profit Organizations. She is also a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) Inc., and the Co-Chair of the Widow’s Ministry & Sisters to Sisters’ Support Group at her congregation.
TJ Haygood has received local, national, and international recognition for her capacity to inspire, motivate, and stimulate positive change for her audience and target market. She has the depth of experience along with youthful energy to inspire both young and old.
If you need a speaker who can motivate and inspire your audience for positive change or actions, request TJ Haygood for your next speaking event. You'll be thankful you made the decision to hire her.
TJ Haygood’s Public Speaking Experience:
• University of Texas San Antonio – College of Journalism & Communication, San Antonio, TX
• Ft. Sam Houston High School, San Antonio, TX
• Boys & Girls Club, Universal City, TX
• Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
• Southwestern Christian College, Terrell, TX
Non-Profit Charitable Organizations:
• Dress for Success Inc., San Antonio, TX
• National Association of Women Business Owners, San Antonio TX
• Walker's Legacy, San Antonio, TX
• Alamo City Chamber of Commerce, San Antonio, TX
• North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, San Antonio, TX
• Sistas in Business, San Antonio, TX
Non-Profit Religious Organizations:
• Churches of Christ National Lectureships, Detroit, Michigan and Greensboro, NC
• Churches of Christ Christian Women’s Retreat (Louisville, KY; Colorado Springs, CO; Detroit, MI; Flint, MI; Mt. Clemens, MI; Sacramento, CA; Austin, TX; and San Antonio, TX)
• Churches of Christ National Youth Conference, Los Angeles, California (National Miss Congeniality)
• Church of Christ State Youth Conference, Detroit, Michigan (State Miss Michigan & Miss Congeniality)
Non-Profit Military & Veteran Organizations:
• American GI Forum – National Youth Conference, San Antonio, TX
• Lakenheath Royal Air Force, Lakenheath, England, UK – Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
• Lakenheath Royal Air Force, Lakenheath, England, UK – Career Focus ProgramTJ Haygood has received local, national, and international recognition for her capacity to inspire, motivate, and stimulate positive change for her audience and target market. She has the depth of experience along with youthful energy to inspire both young and old. If you need a speaker who can motivate and inspire your audience for positive change or actions, request TJ Haygood for your next speaking event. You'll be thankful you did. She is a true WEN Master.
TOPICS FOR VARIOUS TARGETED AUDIENCES
Topics for Professionals, Managers, Small Business Owners, Nonprofits, and Fortune 500 Organizations:
• The 10 Biggest Mistakes of a Small Business Owner
• Managing Conflict in the Workplace
• How to Take Your Business to the Next Level
• Hire Right or Pay the Price Later
• Diversity is Not About Them, It's About You
• Developing Effective Communication Between Multiple Generations
Topics for Job Seekers, College Students, Veterans & Military Members in Transition:
• The First Steps to Get Hired Now! (Learn the 28 Valid Reasons Why Hiring Managers Do Not Hire People)
• How to Manage the Big 3 (Learn How to Master the Phone, Video, & Panel Interviews)
• Interviewing Tips Every Applicant Should know (Learn What You Should Know Before You Go)
• How to Use Social Media to Land a Civilian Job (Social Media Can Help You or Hurt You - You Decide)
• Secrets to Finding Those Hidden & Unadvertised Jobs (Learn Time Saving Job Search Techniques)
• How to Communicate without Uniforms in the Workplace (Military/Veteran Audience)
• 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Your Civilian Career
Attitude, AKA, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Black History Month, Business Development, Career, Career Transition, Christian, College Motivation, College Success, Commencement, Communication, Consulting, Discovering Your Passion, Diversity, Employee Relations, Entrepreneuership, Family, HBCU, High Achieving Youth, High School Motivational, Inspirational, Internships, Leadership, Marketing on a Budget, Marriage, Mentorship, Military Spouse, Motivational, Nonprofit, Personal Development, Professional Development, Race Relations, Relatonships, Social Media Strategies for Baby Boomers, Success, WEN Master, Women in Business, Women Business Owners, Youth Entrepreneurers, etc.
As a business woman, Mrs. Haygood is a role model to an at-risk community, and we were additionally proud to see her validated with her personal story of success published in the San Antonio Express-News...After serving as an officer for 20 years in the US Air Force, I can attest that people like TJ Haygood are very rare as her leadership, drive, and ambition are the very best, and I admire how well she balances it with her faith, family, and her community. As an advocate for small, women, and minority businesses in San Antonio, I have not seen anyone who does it as well as Mrs. Haygood. Our chamber is proud to cheer her on every step of the way. Christopher C. Herring Chairman, Texas Association of African American Chambers of Commerce, Austin, TX Past President/CEO, Alamo City Chamber of Commerce, San Antonio, TX
I have had the great privilege of knowing and working with TJ on various initiatives at CSS. Her professionalism, compassion, and true desire to help others is absolutely the best I have worked with in my career. It is always so exciting to see how her company continues to grow, and how she continues to be a true thought leader throughout her community. I am absolutely honored to know and to have worked with TJ and Confidential Search Solutions. --- Brian Shumaker, District Manager at Insperity
TJ, first and foremost is a dear friend. In fact she is more than that, she is family. Having said that she is an excellent business woman and business partner to me and my company (SAN Enterprises LLC) which is based in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. TJ is the hardest working, most professionally oriented person I know and I know a lot of people having worked on Capital Hill and in large law firm environments. I recommend her and her staffing company without hesitation and she is a brilliant strategist and business consultant too! Hire her company today and you will not be sorry! --- Sophia A. Nelson, Esquire
Presenation Testimony - February 2015 - American GI Forum Class on the First 12 Steps to Get Hired Now.jpg
Help me find a Speaker
- No Articles.
"I called several companies and got promises for information on speakers. GBS was the first company who delivered without a return phone call. I was impressed by the level of professionalism and the willingness they offered to help us in selecting a speaker who could fit our corporate needs. Turnaround time for answers and documents was never more than 24 hours."