Me’Shae is the Founder and President of Just The Basics Financial Literacy, a division of Rolling Enterprises, Inc. Just The Basics produces workshops, seminars, tele-conferences and webinars centered on financial literacy education.As a professional event planner working and residing in New York City, Ms. Brooks-Rolling became concerned over society’s general absence of fundamental financial education. Her deep empathy for those affected most by this problem led her to authoring a book titled “How To Save Money & Organize Your Finances: Tales of an
As a professional event planner working and residing in New York City, Ms. Brooks-Rolling became concerned over society’s general absence of fundamental financial education. Her deep empathy for those affected most by this problem led her to authoring a book titled “How To Save Money & Organize Your Finances: Tales of an Urban Consumer” (2006).
Ms. Brooks-Rolling is a certified FDIC MoneySmart Trainer, and has successfully completed the Bridges Out of Poverty national training program. She has been a Contributing Writer for the Syracuse Post-Standard's MoneyWise supplement, as well as for various publications in CNY. Ms. Brooks-Rolling has been quoted in “Consumer Reports” magazine, and is regularly invited to present at national conferences—including the Institute for Financial Literacy’s (IFL) Annual Conference on Financial Education, at the National Foundation for Consumer Credit (NFCC) Annual Leaders Conference, at the Society for Financial Education and Professional Development, Inc. (SFE&PD) Fifth Annual Financial Literacy Leadership Conference, and at Consumer Actions’ National Consumer Empowerment Conference.
Ms. Brooks-Rolling is a 2014 Educator of the Year finalist for The Institute for Financial Literacy’s Excellence in Financial Education (EIFLE™), as well as a finalist in the Consultant category for the CNY BEST Learning and Performance Award.
Ms. Brooks-Rolling holds a dual bachelor's degree in marketing and political science from Anderson University in Anderson, Indiana. She wasan awardee of the prestigious Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship, paving the way to earn a Masters Degree in Public Administration from theMaxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs at Syracuse University. Ms. Brooks-Rolling is also an alumna of the Whitman School of Management's Entrepreneurship Bootcamp and Citizens Academy.
Ms. Brooks-Rolling is the Founder and President of the Christian Entrepreneurs Club (CEC) in Syracuse; an advisory board member of the WISE Women’s Business Center (Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship); a member of the C.A.$.H. (Creating Assets, Savings & Hope) Coalition of Onondaga County; is an active board member of the Syracuse Rescue Mission and The Community Folk Art Center; and is a member of the Syracuse Chapter of The Links, Inc.
Further, Just The Basics Financial Literacy is WBE Certified (Women-owned Business Enterprise) by The City of Syracuse, and is both WBE and MBE (Minority-owned Business Enterprise) Certified by The State of New York.
Ms. Brooks-Rolling fuses her expertise and passion for financial literacy, national anti-poverty training, and professional organization in order to motivate consumers toward achieving financial freedom and upward socio-economic mobility for a purpose: to live abundant and charitable lives.
• My relationship with money: Historical, Social, Behavioral and Cultural Framework
• How can I achieve work/life balance with so many responsibilities to juggle?
• Time-Electronic-Paper-Spatial Organization: How can I reduce clutter and increase efficiency?
• How do I capture my expenses in order to create a Budget and Spending Plan?
• How can I save more, spend less, and build my asset base?
• What are credit card debt management and elimination strategies that I can implement?
• Credit Reports, Credit Scoring and Credit Repair. What do I need to do right now as a renter in order to prepare for homeownership?
• How can I protect myself from America’s fastest-growing crime--Identity and Cyber-Theft—while protecting my privacy in this digital age?
• How can I purchase a vehicle without being taken for a ride?
• What resources are available to aid me with excessive debt?
Resources Extravaganza Across-the-Board!
• What do the wealthy know and do that I don’t? How do I build my Financial Team to aid in Asset Growth, Management & Protection?
• How can I engage in Individual and Community Philanthropy?
• Owning My Own: Turning My Passion into Profit and Monetizing what I’m already doing—How in the world do I get started in small business entrepreneurship?
• How can I seek alignment with the right job for me? (This includes learning how to negotiate)
• How Do I Publish, Market and Sell My Self-Published Book?