Undeniable queen of hip hop who supports worthy projects, events and fundraisers such as AIDS awareness, anti-violence and Rock-the-Vote
Lyricist, Pioneer, Icon, Inspirational Speaker, Veteran and Entrepreneur describe one of the most prolific and well-respected female Hip Hop artists of our time: MC Lyte. A pioneer in the industry, she opened the door for future female Hip Hop artists by daring to do what had never been done while doing something she loved.
A role model to women and respected by men everywhere, Lyte never compromises who she is and consistently displays that a woman can turn heads fully clothed! Whenever possible, Lyte enjoys traveling across the nation to use her expertise and story of success to motivate others to take ownership of the world around them while striving to be the best they can possibly be. Author of "Unstoppable: Igniting the Power Within to Achieve Your Greatest Potential," Lyte is also very active in many social projects, including anti-violence campaigns and Rock the Vote.MC Lyte is the presiding President of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Recording Academy, co-host of the nationally syndicated Café Mocha radio show, and she is also a proud honorary member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.About Hip-Hop Sisters Network
Founded by MC Lyte, the legendary lyricist and iconic hip-hop pioneer, Hip Hop Sisters Network includes Hip Hop Sisters Artistry, which provides a platform for female artists to showcase their talents in an environment of encouragement and respect, as well as Hip Hop Sisters Foundation, which is a non-profit charity that promotes positive images of women of ethnic diversity by bringing together leaders from the world of Hip Hop, the entertainment industry, and the corporate world.
HHS provides national and international support to women and youth around the globe on the topics of: Cultural Issues; Financial Empowerment; Health and Wellness; Mentorship; and Educational Opportunities. Advisory board members include Faith Evans, Ledisi, Jada Pinkett Smith, Chilli, Russell Simmons, Cheryl "Salt" James, Malinda Williams, Kelly Price, Malcolm Jamal Warner, Kenny Lattimore, Melanie Fiona and Dr. Benjamin Chavis.
- Commencement / Graduation Inspiration for Youth, Teens, and College Graduates
- Making Your Mark in Entertainment: Voice Over, Acting, MCing, DJing, and Inspiring Others
- Hip Hop History: What We Wanted Then, Now and for the Future
- Hip Hop Pedagogy: MC Lyte’s Perspective on Hip Hop in the Classroom
- Men, Women, Boys and Girls: Redefining Hip Hop Culture with Respect and Dignity
- Redefining the Essence of Women and Girls through Hip Hop, Empowerment, and Unity
- Self Esteem, Self Respect, and Self Love
- Unstoppable: Achieving Your Greatest Potential
- Unstoppable: Making Your Legacy Last in the Entertainment Industry
- Women in Hip Hop: Female Influence Then and Now
- Women, Wealth & Relationships (panel with other celebrities and foundation board members)
Help me find a Speaker
"I called several companies and got promises for information on speakers. GBS was the first company who delivered without a return phone call. I was impressed by the level of professionalism and the willingness they offered to help us in selecting a speaker who could fit our corporate needs. Turnaround time for answers and documents was never more than 24 hours."