The Industry Rebel
Angela "Asa Lovechild" Arnold
Singer, actress & writer, Angela "Asa Lovechild" Arnold, is a native of Louisville, KY who started her entertainment career on the theatre stage at the age of four. Working under the tutelage of Nona Hendryx, Ruby Dee, Tsidii Le Loka (Lion King), Dr. Barbara Ann Teer and many others, Asa Lovechild holds a degree in Literature and Theatre Arts (musical and dramatic) from The University of Louisville.
She is a former in house entertainment blogger for Your Black World, Naturally Moi, and The 360 Experiment. She is also well versed in West African dance.
Her current album Love's Experience (Steve Wallace Edition) has charted in the UK, Nigeria,Brazil and many other parts of the world.
Asa can be seen in acclaimed director, D. Channsin Berry's (Black Girls) The Black Line Part 3. Asa is working on her second album, I Love I Loved (The Nick Rolfe Joint) which is set for a Winter 2013 release.
ASA LOVECHILD HAS A JAM PACKED SUMMER OF APPEARANCES FOR 2013:
Lonnette McKee in celebration of Toni Seawright @ The Sugar Bar NYC (June 26)
Summerstage NYC Appearances:
Nona Hendyx (July 3)
"Hotter Than July":Stevie Wonder Tribute (August 11)
Musical:Diablo Love (August 2,3,8,9,16,17,19,23,24)
1. When Plan A Fails: Surviving The Industry & Things They Don't Teach You In School
2. Keep Your Head Up: How To Keep Your Esteem In Check As A Woman of Color In The Industry
3. The Light And Dark Of It: Standing Out As A Woman of Color In Entertainment
4. Self Sacrifice: What To Do When You Feel Like Giving Up On Your Dream
5. Cabaret: A musical production chronicling the careers of Bessie Smith, Lena Horne, Carmen McRae, Billie Holiday, Ethal Waters, Dinah Washington, and other great women in jazz.
Help me find a Speaker
"I called several companies and got promises for information on speakers. GBS was the first company who delivered without a return phone call. I was impressed by the level of professionalism and the willingness they offered to help us in selecting a speaker who could fit our corporate needs. Turnaround time for answers and documents was never more than 24 hours."