Ryan Mack: 6 ways to stop gun violence in your community
*Did you know that once direct and indirect medical, legal and societal costs are factored together, the annual cost of gun violence in American amount to $100 billion? (1)
…and get this:
Last year, 56% of teens nationwide reported that they believe the government wouldn’t care if they were a victim of gun violence. (2)
Firearm injuries are the leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide, surpassed only by motor vehicle injuries . (3)
Take a quick trip down “solution lane” with Ryan Mack, who offers 6 tangible ways of, not just slowing down, but STOPPING gun violence in your community. See his post HERE.
1. National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
2. UCAN Teen gun Survey Results, 2005-2007 Comparison.
3. Philip J. Cook and Jens Ludwig, Gun Violence: The Real Costs, New York: Oxford University Press, 2000, 115.
Sources captioned from: Illinois Campaign to prevent GUN VIOLENCE www.icpgv.org
For a complete pdf list of statistics provided by this source, please click HERE.
Help me find a Speaker
"I called several companies and got promises for information on speakers. GBS was the first company who delivered without a return phone call. I was impressed by the level of professionalism and the willingness they offered to help us in selecting a speaker who could fit our corporate needs. Turnaround time for answers and documents was never more than 24 hours."
- Avoiding Common College Freshman Pitfalls
- Charleston: “The Heavenly Cloud of Nine Witnesses” Are Calling for “Action-Oriented Sympathy”
- Parenting the Way Out of Racism
- Nigeria’s New President Lays Out “The Buhari Doctrine”
- Dr. Sanders: Imperatives of Building Strong Africa Democracies and Spurring Economic Development